Do you long
• more connected
• less tense
• fluent and expressive
as you play the piano?
Holistic substitute for Hanon
Piano Portals is a mindful daily practice for transforming technique. It's a radical substitute for conventional exercises.
For the thinking pianist with a holistic outlook
Piano Portals rewrites the rules on technique. It embodies fresh priorities that've been all but neglected by orthodoxy.
- Do you enjoy yoga, meditation or other mindful practices?
- Do you seek a holistic approach to your piano playing?
- Uncover and remedy the root causes of technical difficulties and move ahead with ease
Transform your playing through deepening self-awareness. Enjoy practice that works with your body and always within a 'connected' state. Avoid or rehabilitate from technique-related injury.
Works on many levels
- Empowers post-beginners to play fluently and expressively
- Empowers advanced players to refine technique and eliminate excess tension
- Learn the Art of Conscious Flow and take responsibility for your well-being in playing
Doubles as a mindful practice for focus and concentration, a fresh philosophy for learning repertoire assuredly and as beautiful music to enjoy.
“Piano Portals has given me a new sense of connection to the music I am playing, releasing me from my head
into my body, fingers and senses, so that all of my being is involved.”
For the thinking piano teacher with a holistic outlook
- Do you enjoy yoga or other mindful practices?
- Ready to think outside the orthodox box?
Offer your open-minded teen-to-adult students:
- a mindful approach to technique
- a fresh philosophy for learning repertoire assuredly
- a stimulating route to confident performance
Piano Portals - The Art of Conscious Flow
- Piano Portals treats your deep, personal connection to music and your body's corresponding response as the cornerstone of technique
- It prioritises fundamentals of able pianists' techniques neglected by conventional pedagogy
- You become the expert through deepening self-awareness, always within a connected state
Sense and Self-Awareness
Piano Portals is simple, honest and profound in its approach. It offers fresh hope to pianists who practise for long hours yet feel stuck or blocked.
Piano Portals doesn't leave technical assurance or expressiveness to chance or 'talent'. It empowers open-minded explorers to play to their potential at any level.
Piano Portals is open-ended and non-prescriptive. Revolutionise your playing in countless creative ways. Find fresh, surprising points of focus in your practice.