“Piano Portals has given me a new sense of connection to the music I am playing, releasing me from my head
into my body, fingers and senses, so that all of my being is involved.”
Free Cheat Sheet
Sign up with your email to receive the free Cheat Sheet Technique Top 10: Causes of Technical Difficulties and occasional news
Do you long to feel
• more connected
• less tense
• fluent and expressive
as you play the piano?
Holistic substitute for Hanon
- Is your go-to resource for technique serving you well?
- Are you practising the coordination that will help you to play, fluently and expressively?
- Engaging daily practice for technique that works with your body and within musical flow
Outside the box
- Could 'received wisdom' be letting you down?
- Uncover elements of able players' techniques often neglected in pedagogy
- Fresh, surprising points of focus for efficient, enjoyable progress
Resources for all
- Radical substitute for technical exercises for Post-beginner to Advanced teens to adults
- Groundbreaking antidote to conventional exercises for teachers of young children
- Holistic practice resources for 'Grade 1/Early Elementary' to Intermediate children and adults
For the radical piano teacher
- Suspicious of mechanical exercises? Frustrated by slow progress?
- Empower your students with fresh technical tools and holistic Practice Flows
- Refresh your own experience of playing or performing
Fresh Tools for Technique
- Don't follow dogma - deepen self-awareness and become the expert
- Take responsibility for your own progress and well-being
- Address blocks in your coordination - and watch those in repertoire dissolve
Sense and Self-Awareness
Piano Portals began as a radical, accessible framework for exploring technique from a holistic perspective - a mindful daily practice.
The Online Foundation Course empowers you to refine all aspects of technique as well as to be 'in your body', reduce performance anxiety and increase well-being.
The Online Foundation Course and Original (e-)Books are supplemented by a growing body of holistic practice resources for children and adults.