"Is it reasonable to expect the master's consummate ease at the piano when the daily routine of practice never glimpses it? One might as well expect perfection in the technique of swimming from daily golf-playing."
Abby Whiteside, The Pianist's Mechanism
Are you stuck
- in a rut with your technique?
- Are you frustrated by slow progress?
- Are you an Elementary-Advanced player seeking fresh ideas?
Are you envious
of 'gifted' players who perform joyfully and confidently from memory and by ear?
Play to Your Potential
Inspired by Abby Whiteside (1881-1956), Piano Portals proposes that innately 'gifted' players thrive in spite not because of conventional exercises. It offers a groundbreaking, holistic framework for technique that empowers all to progress joyfully and the most 'gifted' also to fly.
Outside the box
- Piano Portals turns convention on its head, offering fresh, transformational points of focus for your practice
- Piano Portals spotlights central elements of 'gifted' players' techniques that are often neglected in pedagogy
- Piano Portals empowers Elementary-Advanced players to play fluently and expressively without excess tension and with exquisite control, through deepening self-awareness, not dogma
Sign up with your email to receive occasional news plus the free e-book Expressive Elementary Piano with scores and context to accompany >>>this playlist of tutorials<<< for Elementary to Advanced players and teachers