Do you long to feel
• more connected
• less tense
• fluent and expressive
as you play the piano?
Holistic substitute for Hanon
- What's your go-to resource for technique? Is it serving you well?
- Are you practising the coordination that will help you to play?
- Piano Portals is a daily practice that works with your body and within musical flow
Outside the box
- Could 'received wisdom' on technique be letting you down?
- Embrace elements of able players' techniques that've been all but neglected by orthodox pedagogy
Works on different levels
- Are you a post-beginner seeking to play more fluently and expressively?
- An intermediate player feeling frustrated with your practice?
- An advanced player seeking to eliminate excess tension?
Sign up with your email to receive the free e-book Troubleshooting Technique with Tiny Pieces and occasional news
“Piano Portals has given me a new sense of connection to the music I am playing, releasing me from my head
into my body, fingers and senses, so that all of my being is involved.”
For the radical piano teacher
- Suspicious of mechanical exercises? Frustrated by slow progress?
- Empower your students with fresh, transformational tools for technique
- Refresh your own experience of playing or performing
A Fresh Approach
- Don't follow dogma - deepen self-awareness and become the expert
- Take responsibility for your progress and well-being
- Address blocks in your technique - and watch those in repertoire dissolve
Sense and Self-Awareness
Piano Portals is first and foremost a radical, accessible framework for exploring technique from a holistic perspective. It doubles as a calming, mindful practice.
Piano Portals helps you to 'be in your body' when you play, which can deeply impact how you feel in performance - reducing anxiety and increasing well-being.
Piano Portals aids presence and focus. It features engaging music at every stage, which can be explored in countless creative ways to transform technique.