“Piano Portals has given me a new sense of connection to the music I am playing, releasing me from my head
into my body, fingers and senses, so that all of my being is involved.”
Free Cheat Sheet
Sign up with your email to receive the free Cheat Sheet Technique Top 10: Causes of Technical Difficulties and occasional news
Do you long to feel
• more connected
• less tense
• fluent and expressive
as you play the piano?
Holistic substitute for Hanon
- Are you practising the coordination that will help you to play, fluently and expressively?
- Uncover elements of able players' techniques that have been oft-neglected in pedagogy
- Work with your body and within musical flow
Effective, enjoyable learning
- What are your priorities when learning new repertoire?
- Explore fresh, surprising points of focus for efficient, enjoyable progress
- You become the expert, through deepening self-awareness
Beginners to Advanced
- The Original (e-)books and Online Foundation Course form a comprehensive substitute for conventional exercises
- Groundbreaking resources for nurturing fluent, expressive coordination in young children
- Growing library of e-books and videos for Beginner to Advanced adults
For the radical piano teacher
- Suspicious of mechanical exercises? Frustrated by slow progress?
- Empower your students with fresh technical tools and holistic Practice Flows
- Refresh your own experience of playing or performing
Fresh Tools for Technique
- Take responsibility for your own progress and well-being
- Address blocks in your coordination - and watch those in repertoire dissolve
- Empowerment for amateurs and refinement for professionals
Sense and Self-Awareness
Piano Portals began as a radical, accessible framework for exploring technique from a holistic perspective - a mindful daily practice.
The Online Foundation Course empowers you to refine all aspects of technique as well as to be 'in your body', reduce performance anxiety and increase well-being.
The Online Foundation Course and Original (e-)Books are supplemented by a growing body of holistic practice resources for children and adults.