For your mature teen and curious adult students
Piano Portals can:
- Introduce fresh priorities in technique, for astounding results
- Provide effective and enjoyable technical tools
- Motivate students with engaging processes for learning new music
- Develop coordination through appealing, accessible music
- Enable 'gifted' students to fly
- Open a portal to genuine progress for strugglers
- Help avoid technique-related injury
- Help rehabilitate from technique-related injury (in conjunction with medical advice)
- Empower your students to perform confidently
- Enable your students to memorise music assuredly
For radical teachers
Piano Portals can:
- Blow your mind with fresh, effective priorities in technique
- Eliminate frustration, providing creative solutions to students' difficulties
- Provide peace of mind - you're offering your students the most effective technical tools
- Enrich your teaching experience - your students play more musically!
- Rejuvenate your own experience of playing
- Further hone your own playing technique
- Address any blocks that remain in your own practice or performance procedures
Please see below for details of one-to-one and group sessions.
“Piano Portals has made a huge difference to [my husband]. He really enjoys the piano now, and we have lovely music drifting through the house every day! [His] whole attitude to the piano has changed, and he now loves the music he plays and really enjoys making music.”
One-to-one and group sessions
I offer in-person and online sessions for pianists of all levels of experience to support you in transforming your playing with Piano Portals. I offer a flexible approach to meeting your needs - weekly, fortnightly, monthly or ad hoc, according to your requirements at any particular time. Piano Portals sessions meet you where you are and empower you to meet your goals. The ultimate aim is to support you in becoming the expert on solving your own technical challenges and moving ahead with ease.
Piano teachers' clinics offer a respectful and focused group-learning environment. You address your own or your students' challenges one-to-one and observe similar principles at work in others' contexts. Discover transformational tools to facilitate your students' aims, whatever their musical interests.
You can book a Clinic/Performance combination for your colleagues, organisation or conference, where I collaborate with teachers to troubleshoot and transform challenges and also play myself (from a short, informal performance to a full-length concert).