For your open-minded post-beginner students
- Introduce fresh priorities in learning, for astounding results
- Provide effective, engaging tools for technique
- Explore absorbing processes for deep-learning new music
- Develop coordination and mindfulness through accessible music
- Enable 'gifted' students to fly
- Open a portal to genuine progress for strugglers
- Help avoid technique-related injury
- Help rehabilitate from technique-related injury (in conjunction with medical advice)
- Empower your students to perform confidently
- Enable your students to memorise music assuredly
For you, as a radical teacher of teens to adults
- Exceed expectations with fresh, radical priorities in technique
- Reduce frustration - find creative solutions to students' difficulties
- Peace of mind - offer all students the most effective technical tools
- Enrich your teaching experience - enjoy more musical playing!
- Rejuvenate your own experience of playing
- Further hone your own playing technique
- Address any blocks that remain in your own practice or performance processes
Please see below for details of one-to-one and group sessions.
“I'm enjoying these little oases of calm each day and can't wait to get to the piano to play them.”
Supporting your explorations
Please do be in touch for a chat if Piano Portals speaks to you. I love to connect with like-minded teachers.
I offer Skype 1-2-1 mentoring to a limited number of teachers with a holistic outlook. These support you in your Piano Portals journey, helping to troubleshoot and transform your teaching challenges from a Piano Portals perspective. I offer a flexible approach to meeting your needs - sessions can be weekly, fortnightly, monthly or ad hoc, according to your needs. I also offer in-person 1-2-1 mentoring in South West England and London.
Piano Portals mentoring sessions meet you where you are and empower you to meet your goals. They're respectful and non-prescriptive. I support you in becoming the expert on solving your own teaching challenges and moving ahead with ease.
Group Piano Teacher Clinics offer a respectful and focused group-learning environment. You bring your own playing and/or teaching challenges, address them one-to-one and observe similar principles at work in others' contexts.
Book a Group Piano Teacher Clinic or Clinic/Performance combination for your colleagues, conference or organisation, where I collaborate with teachers to troubleshoot and transform challenges and can also play myself (from a short, informal performance to a full-length concert).