For curious teens to adults
Piano Portals can:
- Transform your playing with helpful new priorities in practice
- Help you to learn new music efficiently and enjoyably
- Provide a mindful practice for mental relaxation and focus
- Help you overcome technical challenges and forge ahead
- Increase body awareness and cultivate skilful, expressive playing
- Help you avoid technique-related injury
- Help you rehabilitate from technique-related injury (in conjunction with medical advice)
- Rejuvenate your playing after a break
- Help you to be 'present' and focused
- Help you perform confidently
- Help you to play by ear
- Help with memorising
- Improve sight-reading by helping you to hear with your eyes
For curious advanced players
Piano Portals can:
- Empower you to eliminate unnecessary tension
- Increase body awareness
- Hone the minutest details of your technique for maximum mastery
- Help you to prevent technique-related injury
- Help you to move forward from technique-related injury (in conjunction with medical advice)
- Offer a mindful practice for mental relaxation and focus
- Help you waste no second of precious practice time
- Rekindle an even deeper sensuous connection in playing
- Invoke a still greater level of abandon and communication in performance
- Help you to be more 'present' and fully engaged
Please see below for details of one-to-one and group sessions.
“I've had only a couple of sessions, but they have had a quite remarkable effect on my playing. I seem already to be much more involved in the emotional content of the music rather than concentrating on the basic technical problems. Most rewarding.”
One-to-one and group sessions
I offer in-person and online sessions for pianists of all levels of experience to support you in transforming your playing with Piano Portals. I offer a flexible approach to meeting your needs - weekly, fortnightly, monthly or ad hoc, according to your requirements at any particular time. Piano Portals sessions meet you where you are and empower you to meet your goals. The ultimate aim is to support you in becoming the expert on solving your own technical challenges and moving ahead with ease.
Piano clinics offer a respectful and focused group-learning environment. You bring your own challenges, address them one-to-one and observe similar principles at work in others' contexts. These are not about imposing interpretive dogma - they're about effecting genuine transformation through creative solutions.
You can book a Clinic/Performance combination for your piano club, conference or organisation, where I collaborate with pianists to troubleshoot and transform challenges and also play myself (from a short, informal performance to a full-length concert).