Do you ever...
• hesitate or falter
• get stuck on technical obstacles
• feel unduly tense
as you play the piano?
Holistic substitute for exercises
A comprehensive daily practice for expressive, efficient technique and mental presence.
Forget frustration - find facility
For curious post-beginner pianists Could conventional wisdom actually be holding you back? Experience a fresh approach that works with your body.
For open-minded advanced players Refine the minutest details of your technique. Eliminate unnecessary tension. Communicate musical structure and narrative line assuredly.
Your playground for self-discovery
Know your body through playing. Be present. Communicate with and thrill your audiences.
“Piano Portals has given me a new sense of connection to the music I am playing, releasing me from my head
into my body, fingers and senses, so that all of my being is involved.”
Are you a radical teacher of teens to adults?
The greatest gift you can offer your students. An empowering approach to technique. A creative approach to deep-learning repertoire securely. An enjoyable route to performing assuredly.
Rejuvenate your own playing
Hone your own playing technique still further. Revisit any remaining insecurities with confidence.
Piano Portals - Technique in the Flow Zone
- Piano Portals is the only comprehensive, practical approach to technique to prioritise your deep connection to music at all stages.
- It assumes that trying to work on technique outside of a deep musical connection is of little value, since it bypasses a key physical response.
- It's a play-space for deepening self-awareness, refining technique enjoyably and deep-learning new repertoire assuredly.
- It doubles as a mindful practice for mental presence - and as beautiful concert repertoire.
Piano Portals is common sense, not faddish. It identifies fundamental traits in great performers' techniques neglected by conventional pedagogy. It embodies these in fresh priorities.
Piano Portals treats musical Flow - and your body's response - as essential to expressive, efficient technique. Deepen your self-awareness from within your Flow Zone.
Piano Portals is a stimulating subsitute for Hanon, but also so much more. It's a mindful practice. It's a play-space for self-discovery. Journey towards expressive, efficient coordination.