Do you ever...
• hesitate or falter
• get stuck on technical obstacles
• feel unduly tense
as you play the piano?
Holistic substitute for exercises
A comprehensive daily practice for cultivating and honing expressive, efficient technique and mental focus and relaxation.
Forget frustration - find facility
For curious post-beginner pianists - Could conventional wisdom actually be holding you back? Experience a fresh approach that works with your body.
For open-minded advanced players - Refine the minutest details of your technique, eliminate unnecessary tension, effortlessly communicate musical structure and narrative line.
Your playground for self-discovery
Know your body through playing. Be present. Communicate directly and thrill your audiences.
“Piano Portals has given me a new sense of connection to the music I am playing, releasing me from my head
into my body, fingers and senses, so that all of my being is involved.”
Are you a radical teacher of teens to adults?
The greatest gift you can offer your students - an empowering, creative approach to technique, deep learning repertoire assuredly and performing expressively.
Rejuvenate your own playing
Further hone your own playing technique. Revisit any remaining insecurities with confidence.
Piano Portals - Technique in the Flow Zone
- Piano Portals is the only comprehensive, practical approach to technique to prioritise your deep connection to music at all stages.
- It assumes that trying to work on technique outside of a deep musical connection is of little value, since it bypasses a key physical response.
- It's a play-space for deepening self-awareness, refining technique efficiently and enjoyably and deep-learning new repertoire assuredly.
- It doubles as a mindful practice for mental relaxation and focus - and as beautiful concert repertoire.
Piano Portals is common sense, not faddish. It identifies fundamental traits in great performers' techniques neglected by conventional pedagogy and embodies them in fresh priorities.
Piano Portals treats musical Flow - and your body's response - as essential to expressive, efficient technique. It's an environment for deepening self-awareness in your Flow Zone.
Piano Portals is a stimulating subsitute for Hanon, but also so much more. It's a mindful practice, a play-space for self-discovery and a journey towards expressive, efficient coordination.
Piano Portals originated in a real-life story of frustration to facility. Read the back story of how Stephen completed years of piano studies but ended up further from his goals than when he'd set out...